Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jealous?

I am SO sick of hearing that the middle class is jealous of the upper class!!!

I am a Registered Nurse. I went to school for this because I wanted to be a nurse! Not because I wanted to be rich! If I wanted to be rich, I would have chosen a different field to go into!

I am one of the middle class.....and I am VERY proud of it!

I work for a living! I have trouble from time to time paying bills. I have had credit problems, but I have ALWAYS paid what I owe.

I have no credit cards. I have a small retirement, smaller since I was laid off almost 3 yrs ago,. I pay my way, I don't ask for handouts. All I want is to be able to live a fairly comfortable life.

I bought my first new car just 6 yrs ago (making my final payment this month!). Prior to this car the newest car I owned was 2 yrs old....and that was because my parent gave it to me. I drove that car for 14 years! After that I bought only used cars because that was what I could afford.

I have lived pay-check to pay-check. I have struggled. I have been injured on the job and kept working because I had 2 children to support. I have screwed with payments, but I always paid what I owed.

I do NOT want to be rich! I want to be able to have a decent life while I work my ass off at a job that helps others.

I am NOT jealous of the rich! Sure, it would be nice to not have to worry if the next paycheck is going to arrive before the next bill is due, but heck, that's half the "fun" of being one of the masses.


No comments:

Post a Comment